These are six common job interview questions for web designers I found on a human resources website:
1) Describe your experience with site design and creation, banner ad creation, HTML e-mail development, etc. What was the project?
2) Tell me about a time when you used diagrams and illustrations to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience? How did you ensure that they understood the concepts? What was the size of the audience?
3) What is your working experience with the following: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Quark, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, HTML, CSS, and ActionScript, RSS, VB, SQL? For each, briefly describe a time when you used it?
4) Describe your experience with graphic design techniques for creating product images, brochures, flyers, data sheets, public relations materials, advertising and other marketing materials?
5) Describe a project in which you created and enhanced site design, layout, content and navigation to provide a highly relevant and usable site experience ?
6) What is your experience with SEO and online internet marketing concepts to ensure that company online presence is keyword rich and easily navigated?